IOS Game Reviewer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game

Go down

How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game Empty How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game

Post  devmax Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:24 am

Hi fellow developers some of you probably are wondering how to really make money on the appstore. I have seen alot of advice online and alot of it is wrong. Be honest with yourself is someone who makes money going to really tell you the secret , not unless they already have made millions like I currently have. Lets start with mentality.
1st. Stop working on projects that are 6 months to a year long. Cut your developer cycle to 2-3 months at most. If you want to add a feature save it up for an update.

2. Dont price your games at 99 cents. The only way a 99 cent app helps you break even is if your in the top 50 which is really hard to do. Keep your games and apps around the $2.99 to $6.99 range.

3.Promoting your game
A. Use facebook and twitter as your focus point. Try to tweet your game at least 15-20 times a day. On facebook you should have a company page.

B. Have an spare email that you dont use. Sign up to every iphone forum you find, there is at least 100 of them. Make a post about your game or app.

C. For every 3 paid games make one free game. Start the free game at 99 cents then after a week drop it, then when downloads of it slowdown take it back to 99 cents. Once its 99 cents for 3-4 days, drop it back to free. This will keep eyeballs on your other games.

I been in the iphone industry for 4 years and just finally became a millionare this year. I have 20 paid and 6 free games on the appstore. It took 4 years of work and I saved my money up to finally become a millionare. Dont fall into the 99 cents and freemium trap that all developers do. Also charge the right price , there is no decent game or app thats worth 99 cents thats silliness. You might not make a million in one shot, but you will make a million down the road if you follow this advice.

devmax

Back to top Go down

How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game Empty Re: How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game

Post  Wiware Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:07 am

See its people like you who make me sick. Charge $2.99 -$6.99 for an iphone game , your a price fixer you lousy son of a bitch!! Iam a developer who follows the iphone developer code, rule #2 section 8 says all developers must price thier games at 99 cents to insure equal competition. So not only are you price fixing telling developers to overcharge , your engaging in unfair labor practices!! You didnt earn a million dollars , you stole it you fucking asshole!! The last time we had a price fixer was adam saltsman (A.K.A. Adam Atomic) , yeah thats right we figured his secret idenity , that fucking jerk!! Adam Saltsman was banned from making any new games, that why we dont hear about him and his canabalt for $2.99!!
In closing I will find out who you are!! Its scumbags like you that give iphone developers a bad name.

Wiware

Back to top Go down

How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game Empty Re: How to really make money on the appstore with your iphone game

Post  Admin Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 am

I think your wrong the iphone marketplace is open to all developers. It is the developers knowlegde of the appstore and what the developers feel is a good price for thier product. You must understand developers work months plus many hard hours to bring you enjoyment. If a developer feels that his product is worth more than 99 cents , he has every right to charge more. I feel like the appstore is super cheap compared to other handheld consoles with more inventive games and apps than handheld consoles.
Also if someone has obtained success and has a solid plan you should be more open to learning from them, not be so jealous as you obviously are. Also for a last note Adam Saltsmen is on the appstore he has not been banned here is the link to canabalt

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/canabalt/id333180061?mt=8

So please stop being jealous and learn from a man who has had success on the appstore. Also Adam Saltsman stood up for what he believed in , not some developers union law. He is a much bigger man than you are.

Admin
Admin

https://ios-game-reviewer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down